There are few beverages in this world that are tastier or more nutritious than a glass of freshly squeezed vegetable or fruit juice.
Juices go great with breakfast or for a mid-meal snack anytime during the day. The only negative about freshly squeezed juice is the time it takes to squeeze it by hand.
If you drink a lot of juices or would be willing to drink more if you could eliminate the strenuous task of squeezing your own, you might really appreciate of the advantages that come with having your very own electric juicer.
Picking the Best Juicer
As is the case with most convenience appliances, picking the best juicer to buy takes a little bit of time and effort. Typical juicers come with a wide variety of settings and different functionality, making it a real challenge to find the one that meets your specific needs.
Some of the things you want to consider include:
- Juice yield – This relates to the efficiency of the appliance when it comes to extracting the maximum amount of juice with the least amount of pulp in the fastest amount of time.
- Purpose – If you anticipate using your juicer to extract from mostly fruits and vegetables, masticating juicers should fit the bill. If you are going to process other products, centrifugal juicers will give you that extra functionality.
- Cleaning – You want to find a juicer that is easy to disassemble, clean (preferably in the dishwasher) and reassemble.
- Noise Levels – Some juicers can get pretty noisy. If you live in a dense community or an apartment, you might be a bit more sensitive about bothering the neighbors and in which case you should choose juicers will smaller motors.
- Capacity of Feeding Tube – If you want to avoid having to pre-cut your fruits and vegetables before placing them into the feeding tube, you will want to find a product with a larger feeding tube.
- Durability – If you plan on using your juicer on a regular basis, you might want to consider products on the higher end as they usually have more durability.
- Price – Prices on juicers can range from the best cheap juicer all the way up to the expensive high-end industrial type products. The best juicer for the money is the one within your price range that maximizes the functionality you want and desire.
What is the Best Juicer on the Market?
Once you have a good idea of what you want as far as settings and functionality are concerned, it is time to sift through the best juicers on the market in order to find the one that best fulfills your personal requirements.
When trying to find the best juicer machines with your specs, you may want to filter through a few retail websites that offer opinions about the best juicers to buy.
While opinions may vary as far as which one is actually the best home juicer, you should be able to find some consensus regarding the top rated juicers currently available.
The Top 10 Juicers
As indicated above, there are many e-commerce websites such as Amazon that offer advice and ratings that are designed to help the consumer find the best juicer on the market. Remember, the best juicer machine for you in the one that best meets your specs.
These ratings are detailed enough to hopefully answer many of your questions and direct you to the one that is best suited for you.
1. Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL – (Type: Centrifugal)
Priced in the $300 range, features include a three-inch circular feed tube, two speeds, die-cast steel housing and easy to clean in the dishwasher.
Due to the large motor and high operational speed, this item tends to be on the loud side.
2. Breville Juice Fountain Duo BJE820XL – (Type: Centrifugal)
Features include a heavy grade die-cast metal body, three-inch circular feed tube, 5 speed dial and puree disc.
3. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer – (Type: Masticating)
Features include a 150 watt motor for quiet operation, a low speed of 80 RPMs that prevents foaming or clogging, dual-stage juicing system and auto pulp-ejection function. Prices usually range from $250-$300.
4. Jack Lalanne PJP Power Juicer- (Type: Masticating)
Through the years, the popular exercise guru Jack Lalanne has developed a long line of top quality juicers (see other Jack Lalanne juicer reviews). This attractive stainless steel model in not only efficient, but it is also affordable at less than $150.
Features include a large pulp collection container, quiet operation, easy to clean and safe for dishwasher and no-drip spout.
5. Champion G5-PG-710 – (Type: Masticating)
Priced somewhere in the mid $200 range, this item is designed to take large amounts of fruits and vegetables without having to stop the juicing process to clear the 1.75 inch feeding tube.
Other features include easy to clean parts and quiet operation.
6. Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL – (Type: Centrifugal)
When it comes to affordability, this product offers the most functionality at a price that comes in under $100. At 700 watts, the motor is strong enough to process grass ingredients as well as other types of food. Features include extra-large 3-inch centered feed tube, silver stainless steel casing and it’s dishwasher safe with cleaning brush included.
7. Hamilton Beach 67650A Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor – (Type: Centrifugal)
This item comes in as one of the most inexpensive models on the list at around $60. Produced by Hamilton Beach, one of the most recognized names in the industry, the black 67650A Big Mouth Pro is fast and easy to operate.
Other features include a 1.1-horsepower motor, dishwasher safe, Extra-wide 3″ chute and die-cast metal latches for lid.
8. Waring JEX328 – (Type: Centrifugal)
The attractive stainless steel exterior is easy to maintain and doesn’t stain for juice extract. The 400 watt provides enough power to juice ingredient quickly and efficiently.
Other features include dishwasher-safe, padded footings to reduce vibration and wide feed tube.
9. Black & Decker JE2200B – (Type – Masticating)
The 400 motor and small feeding tube require slow feeding of fruit and vegetable, but the product does a great job of extracting juice.
Features include dishwasher-safe parts, integrated pulp compartment and custom juice cup with measurements.
10. Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-Watt 5-Speed Juice Extractor – (Type: Centrifugal)
This is the best Cuisinart juice extractor currently on the market. The 1000 watt motor allows for fast and efficient juicing with a minimum of residual pulp. Other features include 5-speed processing, anti-drip adjustable flow spout, 2-liter pulp container, foam-reducing filter basket and dishwasher-safe.
While there are hundreds of brands and models currently on the market, these are the best juicers on the market based on popularity efficiency and price.
No matter what type of functionality you may require, you should have no problem finding what you want at a price you can afford from the elite items listed above.