Think back over your experiences eating rice throughout your life. Odds are you have had rice that was amazingly flavorful and memorable, and rice that was tasteless and bland and forgettable. What is it that makes the difference?
There are a variety of reasons some rice tastes better to us than others. Sometimes it is the type of grain, other times the seasoning or the other ingredients that go into a dish. Often though it come down to how the rice was prepared, and whether someone was using a quality rice cooker.
That is why you are going to want to put some serious thought into the rice cooker that you purchase. Whether you are looking to make brown rice or Spanish rice, we will help you find exactly what you need. First, though, let’s start by going over the basics so you know what to look for when you are reading through rice cooker reviews.
Buffalo Smart Cooker
- 10 Cups
- Feeds 4-6 People
No credit card required.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 6-1 Multi Function
- Delay Cooking - 24 hours
No credit card required.
Cuckoo Rice Cooker
- Precise Cooking Technology
- Turbo Cooking / Very Durable
No credit card required.
Aroma 8 Cup
- #1 Rice Cooker Brand In The US
- 8 Cups of Rice Capacity
No credit card required.
What is a Rice Cooker?
If you have never used a rice cooker, it is helpful to know what it does and how it works. Rice cookers are small appliances containing an inner pot inside an outer vessel. At the bottom of the outer container is a heating plate. You plug in the appliance and the heating plate starts cooking the contents. You just add the right amount of rice and water, cover, and wait while the water inside boils and the steam inside the device cooks the rice. Wait half an hour to an hour, and your rice will be ready.
I love my rice cooker. It saves me time and makes my life a whole lot easier. It really brings to life the whole 'set it and forget it' thing you hear about.
What To Look for in the Best Rice Cooker
- Not only does it ensure a delicious bowl of rice every time, but it also makes it easy to cook other types of rice or grains like quinoa or risotto! Otherwise you have to calculate the time difference yourself. Whether you want to make Spanish rice in your rice cooker or white or brown rice, this feature will generate perfect results.
- Type. Not all rice cookers work the same way. There are conventional rice cookers that work the way we described above, but there are also Micom (micro computerized) rice cookers which sense how “done” your rice is and then time the cooking intelligently. Sometimes this feature is called “fuzzy logic.”
- Also look for induction heating (IH) technology, which heats up the whole pan through induction instead of the simple heating pan on the bottom of the rice cooker. Some rice cookers include a pressure heating system as well, which makes your rice fluffier and cooks it faster. All of these features are outstanding, and some of the best rice cookers include them all!
- A rice cooker that fits your budget and needs. If you make rice once a month, a budget option makes more sense than a fancy, expensive rice cooker that includes a lot of high-tech features. If you cook rice daily, though, it makes sense to pay more for quality.
- The right capacity. How many mouths do you have to feed? The right one will have the capacity you need to feed everyone. A good estimate is one cup of uncooked rice per person. Rice cookers range from small to large, and may have capacities ranging from one to 10 cups. Three cups is fine for a couple of people. Five cups is better for a family with children.
- Easy to clean. The best rice cookers include nonstick inner pans that are easy to wash. If you do not find one of these, you will have to soak the inner pan for a long time before you can get the rice to scrape off.
- Timer. You do not need a timer if you get a Micom rice cooker since it will calculate the timing each time independently, but it is a good feature if you get a simpler rice cooker that doesn’t have a micro computer.
Rice cookers range in price from around $20 for a really basic rice cooker to $400 for something with a lot of bells and whistles. The best rice cooker brands make high-quality appliances that should last many years if you take care of them and use them properly. So remember that an expensive rice cooker will not be so expensive over time!
Now let’s have a look at reviews on Amazona rice cooker for Spanish rice, white rice, or brown rice. We checked out the top 10 rice cookers and found some great options for anyone shopping for the best rice cooker brand.
A number of the best rice maker reviews are for rice cookers by the brand Aroma. Aroma makes mostly budget options that are ideal if you want something simple and effective which is going to provide you with tasty results, but you do not need a lot of extra features and you are not keen on a higher price tag. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Aroma 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless Steel. This is the top rated rice cooker on Amazon.com as measured by sales. It costs $25 to $35, and has more than 1,650 customer reviews right now, averaging 4.5 out of 5 stars. This should be more than enough capacity for most meals (you can cook more than just rice in this rice cooker—you can steam meat and veggies while the rice cooks below!).
- A programmable 15-hour delay timer helps you plan your meals, and settings make it easy to cook white rice or brown rice. So it also may be the best rice cooker for brown rice.
- Aroma 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker. This rice maker costs $35 to $100 (look for it on sale), and is the equivalent model for much larger portions. You can make as little as 4 cups or as many as 20—ideal if you are cooking for a huge dinner party. More than 700 customers have rated this rice cooker with 4.5 out of 5 stars, and left excellent stainless steel rice cooker reviews.
- Aroma 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer. This may be the best Aroma option on a budget, costing just $15 to $25. More than 1,370 customers have rated it with 4.5 out of 5 stars. You can prepare two to six cups of rice and steam meat and veggies simultaneously. There are fewer options, but the one-touch operation keeps everything simple and easy. The nonstick inner pan is easy to wash, and all accessories can be put in your dishwasher.
Another brand to consider from rice cooker reviews is Instant Pot. An Instant Pot rice cooker will cost you more than an Aroma pot, but these appliances have incredible functionality. Want to make Spanish rice in your rice cooker? Any Instant Pot would work great as a rice cooker for Spanish rice.
- Intant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. You can buy this rice cooker for $135 to $235. This is the #1 Best Seller in Slow Cookers on Amazon.com, with more than 440 customer reviews and a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. The functionality is amazing, whether you want a Spanish rice rice cooker, brown rice rice cooker, or you want to make something else like soup, poultry, beans, or stew.
- Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. This 6-quart rice pot has more than 1,010 customer reviews and an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. According to many a rice cooker review, this is one of the best out there. Like the previous option, it can prepare a wide range of cuisine.
If you are looking for something stylish which looks as great as it works, a Cuckoo rice cooker is an awesome choice. These colorful and visually appealing rice cookers are very popular and make amazing rice.
- Cuckoo Rice Cooker CR-0631F. This rice cooker costs $120 to $150, and has a 6-cup capacity. It is sleek-looking with a white and metallic pink finish, and has many of the best small rice cooker reviews.
- Cuckoo Rice Cooker CR-0351F. This may be the best small rice cooker out there, with customer reviews averaging 5 out of 5 stars. You can purchase it for around $80 to $120. With its round build, smooth edges and bright colors (several options are available), it looks futuristic and sophisticated. It has a 3-cup capacity, which is perfect for just a couple of people. Customers indicate it may not only be the best small rice cooker, but also for brown rice or white rice.
A Miracle rice cooker is another choice which you may enjoy. Miracle Exclusives is well known for their top-rated rice cookers. Here’s the best Miracle rice cooker according to reviewers on Amazon:
- Miracle Exclusives ME81 Stainless Steel Rice Cooker. This Miracle rice cooker costs between $70 and $90, and rates an average of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com, with more than 45 customer reviews. This is an upgrade from the previously popular model ME8, and includes improvements like a vegetable steamer and a bowl made entirely out of stainless steel. You can cook up to 8 cups of rice while also preparing your vegetables.
Buffalo is a popular brand as well. There are not as many rice cooker reviews on Amazon for this brand, but we thought we should review at least one Buffalo rice cooker. Here is the one that impressed us the most:
- Buffalo Smart Cooker 10-Cup. This Buffalo rice cooker costs around $300 to $400, and is rated with 5 stars. It includes a stainless steel inner pot, and comes with a number of great accessories, including a measuring cup, rice scoop, steamer rack, and soup spoon.
- You can use it to make white rice, brown rice, or as a Spanish rice rice cooker. This Buffalo rice cooker just may be the best brown rice rice cooker as well!
No discussion of rice cookers and rice cooker reviews would be complete without talking about Zojirushi. This brand is one of the best-known and most-loved rice cooker companies around the world. Let’s take a look at some of their most popular sellers on Amazon.com.
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer. This may be the best rice cooker by Zojirushi. It costs $135 to $175, and has more than 870 customer reviews and an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. It holds 3 cups of uncooked rice, and includes settings for brown rice, mixed rice, white rice, sushi rice, and porridge. You could also use it as a rice cooker for Spanish rice.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC 10 5-1/2 Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer. This rice cooker includes Micom technology and can be used as a Spanish rice rice cooker, white rice rice cooker, or brown rice rice cooker. It can also prepare quinoa and other grains. It sells for $150 to $260, and has more than 800 glowing customer reviews, averaging 4.5 out of 5 stars. It’s futuristic design with rounded edges is attractive on any countertop. As one of the top-rated small rice cookers, it does not take up a lot of space.
When you are shopping for the best small rice cooker or large one, always start out by asking yourself what is important. Do you need something simple so you can make white rice now and again, or do you want something more complex that can handle complicated recipes and different kinds of grains?
These days, multifunctional rice cookers are available that can handle rice cooking, steaming and more, and all at a reasonable price. $100 might seem like a lot to pay for a rice cooker, but think how many years a great rice cooker will last, and it is not so bad. Any of the options we have discussed would serve you well if you want the best rice cooker out there. Have fun shopping and eating!
Top 5 Rice Cookers To Date - The Great Ones!
|Picture||Name||Unique Feature||Amazon Rating||Read Our Review||Amazon Link|
|Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker||UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient||4.6 stars with 1,100+ reviews||Review – Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker||Read Reviews On Amazon.com!|
|The Aroma 8-cup Digital Rice Cooker||15-hour Delay Timer for flexible meal planning||4.3 stars with 2,000+ reviews||The Aroma 8-cup Digital Rice Cooker||Read Reviews On Amazon.com!|
|Miracle Stainless Steel Rice Cooker (ME81)||Not made with aluminum or non-stick surfaces||4.1 stars with 50+ reviews||Miracle Stainless Steel Rice Cooker (ME81)||Read Reviews On Amazon.com!|
|Cuckoo Rice Cooker||Auto Steam Cleaning||4.2 stars with 13+ reviews||Cuckoo Rice Cooker Review – CR-0631F||Read Reviews On Amazon.com!|
|Buffalo Rice Cooker 5 or 10 Cup||Accessories: measuring cup, rice scoop, soup spoon, steamer rack||5 stars with 2+ reviews||Buffalo Rice Cooker Review – 5 or 10 Cup||Read Reviews On Amazon.com!