Top 5 Electric Pressure Cookers To Date - The Great Ones!
[Last Updated: Feb 05, 2017] A pressure cooker is one of the all-around most useful appliances you can have in your kitchen.
With a pressure cooker, you can prepare food quickly and easily; the pressure cooker can reach a higher temperature than you can achieve on the stovetop. This makes the pressure cooker a great time-saving device for healthy home cooking. We took a gander at electric pressure cooker reviews for 2017 to help you find the best pressure cookers.
Before we go into the electric pressure cooker reviews in-depth, though, we should talk about the features that are important in a pressure cooker.
- Stainless steel vs. aluminum. One of the first decisions you need to make when you are shopping for the best electric pressure cooker is whether you want an aluminum or stainless steel appliance. There are benefits and drawbacks to each. Aluminum is affordable and a great heat conductor. But stainless steel holds up better to long-term use, and offers a longer lifetime. It is also arguably safer. You might also look for a stainless steel model that includes chromium and nickel, which will offer you greater resistance to stains and corrosion.
- The best electric pressure cooker will include more than one pressure setting. This will allow you to cook high pressure recipes like stews and pot roasts, but also low pressure recipes like custards. A quick release setting is another good feature to look for. This will save delicate foods if you need to quickly drop the pressure. Make sure that your pressure cooker includes an accurate gauge.
- Consider capacity. Most people buy a six-quart pressure cooker, which is adequate for most meals for small families. If you are only cooking for one or two people, four quarts may be adequate. For larger families, eight-quart models may be best. If you are going to be using your pressure cooker to prepare meals for your office or for parties or other large groups, definitely lean toward an eight-quart model. Remember, it is always best to err on the side of too much capacity. You do not want to get a model that is too small for your needs.
- Look for sturdy handles. The best pressure cookers include sturdy, strong, large handles. You have to rely on the handles to move the pressure cooker when it is hot, so flimsy handles are out. Larger handles are good because they help you keep your hands away from the body of the pressure cooker, which reduces the chances that you will get burned.
- Try to find a pressure cooker with a cover interlock mechanism. This mechanism locks on the cover of your cooker while it works so that the pressure doesn’t spring the lid. This is an important safety feature. Many pressure cookers also have additional locking mechanisms and safety features.
- Avoid non-stick coatings if you can. While non-stick interiors offer convenience, the consensus when shopping for the best electric pressure cooker is to steer clear. The coating does not hold up to the extreme heat and pressure and will quickly degrade, posing a health hazard. These coatings also make it hard to use certain utensils. That said, a lot of high-quality pressure cookers which offer an abundance of other great features are unfortunately non-stick, so you may end up compromising on this point.
- Extra features. You may want to shop for a pressure cooker that includes additional features and accessories like baskets or racks. Oftentimes, additional features like these are optional with your purchase and can be tacked on for a small additional fee.
- Lifetime and warranty. The best pressure cookers can offer you decades of quality use. Still, you may occasionally need a replacement part to keep your pressure cooker in working order. Look for a pressure cooker that will last a long time with minimal maintenance, but also search for a company that will back your purchase with a strong warranty.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s go over some of the best pressure cookers for 2017 along with electric pressure cooker reviews. Reading what customers have to say can teach us more about the features.
Electric pressure cooker reviews also tell us whether a given model performs to expectations when put to the test. There are dozens of excellent choices out there, so we decided to focus on some of the best models from several of the top brands.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60
This is the #1 Bestseller in Electric Pressure Cookers on Amazon.com with more than 1,420 electric pressure cooker reviews.
It is highly rated, with customers giving it an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. It is a 7-in-1 multifunctional appliance
serving as not only a pressure cooker, but also a slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer, and a sauté/browning device.
Some of the most popular features include dual pressure, 3 different temperatures, and automatic keep-warm. The device is UL and ULC certified and includes 10 safety mechanisms. It is designed for energy efficiency and ergonomic use with large, sturdy handles and a 3-ply bottom. This 3-ply design offers many advantages in terms of sturdiness and shine.
Electric pressure cooker reviews for this model are overwhelmingly positive! More than 1,170 customers have given the cooker 5 stars. Reviewers say it is easy to use and keep clean, and that it does an amazing job preparing a wide range of healthy recipes, including pot roast, pulled pork, chicken soup and more. It may just be the best electric pressure cooker on the market.
>> You can get a great deal on the Instant Pot at Amazon.com <<
Secura 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
This six-quart electric pressure cooker is another popular seller, with over 200 customer reviews and an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
It serves as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, sauté/browning pan, food steamer, soup maker, and rice cooker. It includes an automatic keep warm feature, cool-touch handles and lid, and a micro-computerized temperature and time control system. It is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean.
Your purchase comes with the pot itself along with a rice spoon, measuring cup, recipe book and user manual. Optionally you can also purchase a stainless steel steam basket and rack to go along with it. That’s a great deal for $100-$130.
>> Get a great deal on the Secura Electric Pressure Cooker here <<
What are customers saying in their electric pressure cooker reviews? The majority of reviews are 5 stars (click here to read some).
Reviewers emphasize that the appliance cooks food quickly and is very easy to use, and that the food comes out tasting great.
Additionally, the model cooks very quietly and is very well constructed. As one reviewer states, “I have to say this thing is solid—built like a tank.”
This is another strong contender for the title of “best electric pressure cooker”.
We wanted to look at a variety of brands in our quest for the best pressure cookers. There are a lot of choices out there and competition is stiff for best electric pressure cooker. Another you will definitely want to check out is the Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ. This model sells for $150-$190, and has more than 1,060 customer reviews on Amazon.com. This means it is not only one of the most popular models, but one of the best pressure cookers as well.
Features include push-button controls which are easy to use, a helpful digital display, and a precision thermostat. Cool-touch handles allow you to safely and easily move the appliance, and the cooking pot and trivet are both dishwasher-safe.
Multiple settings are available for cooking, warming, simmering, sautéing, and browning. So while this pressure cooker is not quite as elaborate or versatile as those above, it is still quite adaptable to your cooking needs.
Most electric pressure cooker reviews for this model indicate that it is easy to use and does an excellent job preparing stews, soups, pot roasts, and other dishes quickly for delicious, healthy results.
The vast majority of the reviews are very positive.
>> Click here to get a great deal on the Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ <<
Now you are familiar with some of the best pressure cookers on the market. In the search for the very best electric pressure cooker, you need to weigh your own needs and the pros and cons of all of these cookers. Even if you were to select one of these blindfolded though, you would probably be more than satisfied with your purchase, whatever your needs. All of these models are incredibly versatile, which is why they are all among the best pressure cookers.
Each is a reasonably priced investment which will pay off over the decades to come. Few kitchen appliances have the incredibly long lifespan of the pressure cooker. Enjoy your purchase of the best electric pressure cooker and look forward to a year of healthy, delicious, easy-to-prepare meals in 2017 and beyond!